TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a D24h-C1 tv and am trying to connect my att box as

Customer Question
well as my VHS/DVD player...
I have a D24h-C1 tv and am trying to connect my att box as well as my VHS/DVD player. I cannot get the DVD player to show on the tv. What connections do I need?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/22/2015
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the AT&T box and the VHS/DVD player. Additionally, please describe how the cable box and the player were attempted to be connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
well it is at my mothers house and I won't be back over there til tomorrow evening. how long do I get to have you answer this?
I understand and no prob. Post back with the information by then or when able.
thank you
Cheers.
I have the model #'s for the att box and sanyo progressive scan VCR/DVD
cable box is 1PN4320 and DVD is VRC420
Appreciate the additional information. What wires/cables were attempted to be used to connect the AT&T box and the VHS/DVD player to the TV? And would recording of AT&T programs using the Zenith be also required?
I have the audio/video 2 wire and tried that. I tried a coax cable too from the DVD to the TV (its a Vizio)
Could you try connecting the Zenith to the Vizio using the "...coax cable..."? And then try playing a known to be good movie disc? And could the Vizio be set to Ch 3?Please post back if the movie (audio & video) shows/heard on the TV.
I don't have a zenith anything. It's a sanyo progressive scan VHS/DVD combo player. I tried hooking up straight from the sanyo to the vizio (tv). can only get audio using the coax
Soory but yes; the Zenith is a rebranded Sanyo version. The same everything except the brand. Still, is there a switch at the back of the Sanyo for CH3 and CH4? If yes, with the TV set for Ch3, can you please check if the Sanyo is set for CH 3 ?
oh ok. yes it's 3 and the tv is on 3 as well.
...and still audio only but no video?
yes
do you think it advisable to try a different DVD player and see if maybe the video part of the DVD player is bad? does that ever go out in a DVD player?
Thanks for bearing with us; these questions are the only way to know what you are seeing.A possibility to consider is that the Sanyo is set for Progressive Scan but the TV is not set for this mode. Is there any button on the Sanyo remote for PS or Prog S. or Interlace Scan or something to that effect?
no. not on the remote control either
I understand and perhaps you are correct; "...video part of the DVD player is bad?..." Have you tried the VHS if it would play correctly (audio & video) ?
no sir. maybe I should try that tomorrow. Can I get back to you tomorrow evening?
Yes please; tomorrow or when able.
thanks again
Cheers.
Louie, Technician