Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our 55" TV stopped operating 5 days ago. While watching TV

Customer Question

Our 55" TV stopped operating 5 days ago. While watching TV there was a snapping noise followed by nothing. We checked the surge protector and it was fine as well as the electrical feed to the unit. We have now completed 2 calls and 4 e-mails with the following results:
1.Case Number ***** EU-154503 and instructions to return the unit.
2. We have been told to return the unit in the original package which we do not have, considering that we do not keep boxes in inventory or package the unit in a box and send it to Chino accepting full responsibility for any damage. Packaging TV's is not something we do as a normal process and asking us to do this is unacceptable.
3. The final insult is that we then have to wait 5-6 weeks for a replacement.
4 We did not buy a TV to wait 5 - 6 weeks to watch it.
5. Being a little on the older side I remember Westinghouse being a reputable cunsumer oriented company which has evidently been left by the wayside.
Thank you for reading this and it would be appreciated if you would respond.
Alfred Souza Jr ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Alfred. How long ago did you purchase this tv?