Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony KDL 46EX723. when it's on stand by and

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Sony KDL 46EX723. when it's on stand by and i am trying to turn it on, the led is flashes 3 times and then the TV shuts down completely. The only solution I have found is to unplug the main lead and then to plug it again. I have searched on the manual but i couldn't find a solution. Thank you!
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
KDL 46EX723 does not seem to use any fail codes, so the 3 blink is just the time the TV takes to start up, then shut down completely. It would have to repeat that 3 blink code repeatedly after you turned it on, for it to be a valid fail code. Does the TV screen at least glow a gray light level BEFORE it shuts off, or does it stay pitch black ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pitch black.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
That's not an easy fix because of the way sony designed your TV set. Most of the test signals go to the TV's TCON board, and the TCON turns on the backlighting. Those ribbon cables are where the signal are located, and you need some real pointy test probes to test them. And a steady hand too. Do you want to test...or simply replace? I'd at least see if the power supply board turns on the backlight voltages going to your panel.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
If you have a DC Voltmeter, check this picture for test points.