TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Vizio tv. son tried to plug a wire into service port. It never

Customer Question
made connection but there was...
vizio tv. son tried to plug a wire into service port. It never made connection but there was a low pop and tv cut out. Is there a reset or something?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/17/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
No reset other than un-plugging the set from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again, is there any power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?
Anthony
unplugged will wait five solid min. there was no lights but it may not have been five min.
OK let me know
Also let me know how old the set is please
Anthony
about three years
OK let me know
the service prt looked a little bigger in size than a traditional phone jack he just started to put it in he said and heard a click like a reset button loud
sorry unplugged wrong thing need to wait five again sorrymark
So I am assuming the reboot did not work
You have no lights lit or blinking on the front of the set, so that means unfortunately the set has suffered some damage inside, as a pop was heard its likely something went wrong with the power-board, rather upsetting for yourself I understand however the back of the TV will need to come off and a meter used to check a few things both visually and with the meter can you/someone you know use a meter?if not then I am afraid you will need a technician www.tvrepairpros.com will locate an approved tech in your area.
Sorry for disappointing news
Let me know if you need more help
Its not good news I know however I still need to be rated positively so I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony
still there anthoney plugging it in now hold on not done yet or you will not reciev credit
Ok
That happened because you are sending multiple replies please just reply back once then wait for my reply thank you
Anthony
ok nothing happened
mark
Sorry for disappointing news
Let me know if you need more help
Regards
Anthony
Please understand the set has suffered a problem because of what happened to it, this is not unusual people have done this before the only way forwards now for you without getting involved with a tech is to do work yourself, you will need a meter and it will mean possible replacement of a board, board cost will be around $100
Once again I understand you dont feel good about this right now but I have to tell you the way it is
Anthony
Useless product long and short hey I don't know have it looked at. Will dispute this charge for surw
Again I do not receive any credit until you rate the answer positively if you choose not to or are not satisfied (not my fault I am only answering your question)then contact support via the homepage
Thank You
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician