Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 10+ yr old Samsung model LN-S4096D 42" HD connected

Customer Question

I have a 10+ yr old Samsung model LN-S4096D 42" HD connected to a Comcast X1 Infinity DVR STB. I had another 36" TV (in another room) connected with just a HD Comcast box. On the 36" TV I swapped out the simple HD box for a X1 HD box, a box that talks to the DVR box. Neither work now. On the Samsung, I lost the source pointer to the X1/DVR box. I can activate the TV Source menu, but the only active selection in the list is the first one for TV. Can't get to any other option in the list. I can't troubleshoot the 36" problem until the X1/DVR box problem is solved and I can achieve a cable connection. The remote for the Samsung has top buttons for TV (left corner), DVD, STB (right corner top), CABLE, VCR (right corner below top), RED Power button.
Category: TV
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is***** would like to assist you with fixing the TV.