Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Toshiba Model 62HM14. It turns on, I hear a fan working

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Model 62HM14. It turns on, I hear a fan working but then a green light blinks next to the power button then turns off. It restarts and continues with the same problem over and over
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is it JUST the green light blinking?or is there a red light on solid too please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes there is a red light on solid as well.
OK where did you get the new lamp from please and for what price?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got it from amazon, for $45
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the link to the product i purchased
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-62HM14-rear-projector-housing/dp/B005HB8F5E
That code of blinking simply means the lamp is bad old and new, unfortunately you have bought a cheap copy lamp, we have endless trouble with these, you need to get an OEM genuine lamp they cost more but its the only way to go
www.dlplampsource.com only sell genuine lamps
Let me know your thoughts here
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
Do you still need help with this please?
Use a genuine lamp and the set is good, all as the code means is the lamp is in-operative
Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will rate once the new lamp get here
That's no problem RegardsAnthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lamp was replaced with a certified OEM lamp from dlplampsource.com and I still have the exact same issue.
Have you put the lamp cover back on the set?you must do that Let me know please Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the cover is back on. I followed all the instructions according to the toshiba manual
OK let me know that blink code again please please describe it accurately and how fast its doing this Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok this is exact blink code. Red solid light whole time, after about 11 sec, green light starts blinking 9 times at 1 sec intervals while the red solid light stays solid, then it resets. Continues the exact same pattern once red solid light is back on.
Its the lamp not working properly, red on solid and green blinking at 0.5 second intervals it will try to restart itself 8 times
Just a couple more questions has the set previously been working OK this is YOUR set and its developed this fault on its own?
Was this the sets ORIGINAL fault?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure if it was working before this problem. I was told it was working fine before this problem. The lamp was purchased from dlplamsource. It was the only one they had available and its the proper one.
Yes I understand and yes you have fitted the right lamp the thing is a TV is like a second hand car when you get it this way (I was unaware you got the set this way)there is no way to know what has happened with the set where if YOU had the set and it went off then its a logical process.
Now that code means there is a lamp problem, now its a different code for the color wheel being bad as this will also stop thelamp , there is no code for the ballast not working so the ballast will need to be examined and replaced are you able to do this?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can look up youtube videos and try. I have never done that before.
Yes there probably is a youtube video to replace the ballast on this set if you dont find one let me know but the ballast fires the lamp to get it going
You can get a ballast from www.partstore.com
If you can find out any more history on the set this will also help
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ballast for my TV model don't seem to be available at partstore.com
Yes its becoming increasingly difficult to get parts for models like this but I found a ballast on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-62HM14-Original-Lamp-Ballast-N555b-/111400816022 Click the above please There is also a youtube video I just noticed