Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a problem with the volume on my tv.The background

Customer Question

I have a problem with the volume on my tv.The background music and noise are so loud it's hard to hear conversations.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. Additionally, is the TV connected to a home theater or an AV receiver or a surround system?
Depending on the model, other devices and configuration, the center speaker in a surround sound is responsible for the voice and dialogues. This would have to be checked.
On the other hand, with a standalone TV system, then depending on the model, an adjustment of the tone controls (if so featured) may be necessary.