Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio 4047L suddenly has a black screen. It does not respond

Customer Question

my Vizio 4047L suddenly has a black screen. It does not respond to any input from the remote or the controls on the side. If you turn it on, it turns itself off after a few minutes. I thought it might be the lamp, but something I did made the screen come on just fine with "no input" rolling around. Any ideas? It is the best TV in the house.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .For other billing inquiries phone # ***** being said ;Just to make sure I understand you correctly ,Now when you turn the tv on it shows " no input" and turns off , is that correct ?What is connected to this tv ?Cable converter box,dvd,games etc. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It only showed "no input" one time of many tries to turn it on. It is connected to a cable box. It may be connected to a vcr-dvd writer, but since I cannot look at inputs on the dark screen, I don't know. When you click power on, you hear a click (which I always heard) and then a second click (which is new) and a black screen. I only commented on the "no input" event because I thought the main lamp might have failed but that screen says it is another board in the set. It does not always turn itself back off. I have noticed that it sometimes turns itself back off. By off I mean the VISIO emblem changes from white (on) to orange(off).
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then about the model number , could we be looking at VO47L for example ?