TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Trying to replace chip in Samsung DLP 61A750. I replace chip,

Customer Question
Trying to replace chip in...
Trying to replace chip in Samsung DLP 61A750. I replace chip, reassemble and TV will not turn on. I have taken it apart and reinstalled 10 times without any change. Working fine before I started. Just white dots on screen.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/12/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Can you please tell me the part-number of the chip you fitted and the ORIGINAL chip please?
Anthony
1910-6143W
Same part numbers on old chip and new chip
So they both have the same part number exactly where did you get the chip from please?
Anthony
askjimmy.com
I mean shopjimmy.com
What exactly is the problem?is there any blinking lights on the front of the set?
Yes. When I turn on the set the green led lights up and I get the Samsung chime that the TV is booting. After about 20 seconds all three LED's light up. There is a pause, they blink, and then it reboots, new chime, same cycle. It repeats 3 times and then all 3 LED's stay lit. Shop Jimmy staff tell me I am not seating the Chip correctly and I should reinstall. Round 10 comlplete and I am pretty good with this stuff. No love.
Hey Anthony, give me a clue. Why refer me?
Sorry I just had to go out
OK I think that chip is bad now to prove that what you will need to do is put the old one back in again and get back to square 1 that will prove the chip is bad, I have had another person who bought the same chip and it was bad
Let me know how this test works out
Anthony
o.k., will do.
Yes let me know
O.K, well. Put in the old chip. Same problem.
So, I guess it is not the chip?
Can I ask if putting the back cover on makes a difference? I know some models require the back panel to be replaced because there is a switch that needs to be depressed. After round 6 on this repair I just stopped putting the back panel on because I could not find a switch anywhere.
Not sure how something new failed while I was installing the replacement chip. How do I figure out what is failing at this point?
All as that proves then is you have made a mistake and yes put the back of the set on and more importantly if you have the lamp cover off this MUST go on
Let me know
Anthony
This model does not have a "lamp cover" as far as I can tell. The door that exists goes directly to a PCB board. The other side is where all the hookups are for DVI cables, etc.The back panel is in and same result.
BTW - this may be helpful to diagnosis. But, once the system reboots three times and goes into a solid 3 blinking LED's I can not turn the set off. Hitting the power button does nothing other than make it start to reboot all over again.
Sorry yes its an LED type
You must have made a mistake but that mistake is man made so its difficult to know which way to go with it
I am sorry I will have to opt out here
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician