TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv has power the red light blinks on and off but it wont come

Customer Question
on...
tv has power the red light blinks on and off but it wont come on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/11/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?
3. Have any parts been replaced or work been done? what? when?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
samsung modle# *****
the tv was given to me today
no work has been done on the tv
Is the tv making a repeating clicking noise while trying to power on?
no it make the start up sound
So you plug it in and the red light blinks, it plays the startup tune, then what?
Do the back lights ever come on or flash on?
Does the startup tune play over and over or just once?
the srart up tune plays over and over
no back lights come on
Please look closely at the capacitors on the power supply board near the multipin connector that goes to the main board. See example picture:
http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/xh888xh888/media/7-2.jpg.html
Are the tops of any of those capacitors rounded or are they all perfectly flat tops?
let me take it apart again and i'll text back
ok
ok sorry about that. they are flat
disconnect the multipin power connector that goes from the power board to the main board.
plug in the tv power cord.
Do the tv back lights come on and stay on?
no
Then you have a bad power supply board that will need to be replaced. Kinda hard to find in stock so might have to go with eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252006846827
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician