Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a TV - match iii line , pixel plus 2 , ambi light TV

Customer Question

i have a TV - match iii line , pixel plus 2 , ambi light TV Model # ***** s# *****(###) ###-#### ***** TV is about 10 years old. Yesterday a bar of various colors appeared in the center of the TV extending from the bottom of the screen to about half way up the screen. it is about an inch and a quarter wide. it does not show the picture on the TV in this area. It shows vertical lines varying in color and sometime shows only as black. we have cable but turning off the cable and going to a DVD this line continues to appear blocking out the picture in this area. Can you advise the problem? Also advise if there are fixes for this problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Just to clarify, the bar appears vertical half way up from bottom of screen, is this correct?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes 1/2 of the screen in the middle
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info,
This kind of problem mostly occurs due to defective 'main logic control' board which would be located on center of rear of TV, swapping the main logic control board will help to resolve the problem.
Please check with following board supplier to get replacment main logic control board if wish to replace it yourself in TV..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=42pf9976%2F37
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Do you need more help with this issue in TV?
Thanks,