Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a new Samsung 48 inch TV that when I switch it on I

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung 48 inch TV that when I switch it on I only get a black screen and a fine thin lined white flower. None of the functions seem to work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
You have done what is necessary rebooting etc just as a double check if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
I see you have not read the reply above can you please let me know thank you, ***** ***** are confused with the process you simply use this format for communication
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No the menu does not come up. No function comes up nothing works.
its a bad mainboard do you think you can replace this plug in board yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for thatIf you are not comfortable doing that then you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area Let me know please A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer. RegardsAnthonyAnthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I purchase this from? How would this have broken? It was working before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As long as I know what to purchase & where from I am happy for you to supply info for me to install.
Its developed a fault there is no defined reason for that anything can develop a fault condition, You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they don't have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)Let me know if you need more infoA positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer. RegardsAnthony