TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a rca 32v432t tv I got has no remote volume

Customer Question
hi I have a rca...
hi I have a rca 32v432t tv I got for fre has no remote volume botton on tv does not work or the menue buttons cable is hooked to it picture is fine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/8/2015
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
When you tried programming the sat remote, does it not respond to volume at all, or do you see the volume bar/indicator change on the tv, but just no sound from speakers?
nothing on the tv at all for volume at the buttons on thetv due nothing menue will not come up either
and nothing on sat either buttons either
Thank you for checking,
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a very old (2005) model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising, and is likely why it was being given away. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing capacitors (a common failure point).If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor. For a tv of this size/brand/age, I personally would not invest in repairs when you can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $200 range.Alternately, though the buttons aren't working, if you can get by with it as-is for video, you can always just hook up some external powered speakers, such as a set of basic computer speakers (In the $25 range) to be able to still get some use out of the tv. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options or speakers. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
I will try the power off buttons see how that goes if that doesent work I will prob just get a a knew one
That would be my suggestion as well.Here is an example of one I would recommend: http://amzn.to/1dMT1F9 If you happen to be a costco member (or know someone who is) I'd suggest buying it there. They tend to have very good pricing to begin with, but will also double the factory warranty to 2 years instead of 1, and they have a square trade extended warranty you can buy up to an extra 5 years for $50-100 (depending on size) which is well worth it.As a side note, I would not personally bother with a "smart" tv. You'll pay a premium for those features which end up being slow and glitchy and aren't well supported. By contrast you can spend $30-100 on a chromecast, roku, appletv, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1eR9QjL Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan
Nathan, Installer