TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need to know what the voltage should be coming in and

Customer Question
coming out to the outputs...
I need to know what the voltage should be coming in and coming out to the outputs of my power supply...you just mentioned check the voltage in your last answer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/7/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hi, None of us can see what answer you're referring to. If you need specific assistance with something, please postback with details, like the model number off of the back of the TV.
I though you had the sequence of answers and questions on my case...lets go back again...I have a plasma Pioneer mod PDP-5071 PU. Tv set wont turn on....pete answered me to check power board with a voltmeter..checking voltage coming in to the tv set and cheching voltage comiing out to te outputs....my last question was...if the incoming voltage should be the same that the coming out to the outputs? is this a way to test the power supply board
Thanks for the reply. AC comes into the power supply board from the wall- then the power supply board converts that to several DC voltages the TV needs to operate. These are all marked at the outputs of the power supply (theyre all outputs with the exception of the AC cord inlet). Voltages are stamped near the connectors and will be 5, 15, then Vs (you should have 200 vdc), and va (which is closer to 80 vdc). Ground your black meter probe to the metal frame of the TV, set it to DC volts and test each of those pins on the connectors with the red probe. Do this with the TV plugged in and turned on in order to measure the power supply.
Thanks for your replay, I do have a picture from the power supply, is it possible for you to point out exactly where to check...power button wont do any change, just black screen....it should led a blue light, then with remote power should start....do
you thing power supply board is damage?....any fast test to verify if power board is gone?Model: pdp-5071 pu
Please elaborate on what exact symptoms the TV has. In other words: 1) Is there any sign of life at all when the TV is plugged in (click sound, etc.)? Or when power is pressed (blinking LED, additional relay click sound, etc.)? 2) Did the issue occur after a storm or power outage? Or was the TV ever hard to start in the past?
Aric, Technician