TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Panasonic TV says that it's not receiving input from the

Customer Question
external source. But I've...
My Panasonic TV says that it's not receiving input from the external source. But I've checked with the Cable company and there's no trouble with the cable box. I've tried different inputs (even though I know it's the HDMI Cable input setting) and making sure the TV is on channel 3. Help!?!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time
We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound and picture
Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.
Regards
Anthony
This did not work. It still says "No signal. Ensure that the external device is turned on and properly connected to the TV's input. Select the source by pressing INPUT on the remote."
I know it is not the HDMI cable because I took one from another set that is working and it still didn't work with this set.
If you try another input like a DVD player or similar does that work OK ?
Anthony
Yes. Because I can select the Wii from the INPUT button and it plays fine.
Now the "shut off in 3 minutes" is blinking in the bottom right corner. Could a sleep timer have been pressed somehow?
You need to get the box swapped
The set will shut down if there is no signal that is normal
There is simply no signal from the box its not unusual we have problems with boxes all the time, tell your provider the TV is OK because the Wii works so that rules out the TV, they will swap it
Let me know if you have anything to add or need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open
Regards
Anthony
I had the cable company on the phone. They said that the signal was fine going into the box. But I'll change it and see if that works. I can't provide a rating until I know that's the problem.
The cable companies unfortunately provide poor advice when it comes to their products the box IS bad and needs to be replaced we have this all thetime with the cable companies and satellite they only know the signal is good at their end.
Anthony
I will replace the box tomorrow. If that doesn't work I will need to contact you as I will be unsatisfied.
Yes please come back here, the only other thing outside of the box is the lead from the box to the TV is bad and needs swapping particularly if its HDMI OR you have the TV in the wrong input mode
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician