Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Tim I have thin black horizantal lines across my tv screen.

Customer Question

Hi Tim I have thin black horizantal lines across my tv screen. How can I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Is the thin black line appear on all video inputs?
- Does it disappear after some time or stay?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it appears on all inputs
it is always there
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info,
Is the horizontal thin line appear on upper half or lower half of screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Upper half
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, it seems Y-Buffer board issue mounted on far left of rear of TV, please check following link to view y-buffer board image which will help to locate it in TV..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-12963a-y-scan-drive.htm
Please reinsert ribbon connectors coming from display panel into ypbuffer board to see if problem resolve and if it doesn't then swapping the y-buffer board will help to resolve the issue. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.