Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I do not have volume and the picture does not fit the whole

Customer Question

I do not have volume and the picture does not fit the whole screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time
We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound and affect the aspect ratio
Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I did unplug and wait 15 seconds and replug Turned tv back on no change
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry will unplug for 5 minutes and the return
Do you have a satellite or cable box?
Its the box I am referring to in the main, the TV you can do the same with at the same time
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I unplugged the satellite and tv for over 5 minutes per your request. I have plugged both back in and no change
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a satellite Direct tv
Do you have another input to try like a DVD player or similar?could you please let me know if you get sound from that
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok Thanks
That makes things a bit awkward because it could very well be the box that is the trouble, the only thing outside the box and of course the TV itself is the lead from the box to the TV, if its HDMI please swap the lead we have problems with HDMI leads, however if that is good then you will need to find something else to hook upto the set to eliminate the box (we carry a DVD player in the car when we go on service calls for this very scenario)even an old vcr will be OK
Let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cancel anything else that may be charged to my credit card the tv was purchased 5/4/15 I do not have dvd or vhs players Since you cannot help me do not charge anything else to my card
I can only help you if you help yourself?OK I understand that you may not have another input to try on the set so that leaves 3 things the box the lead or the TV I cant eliminate the box so your best option that wont cost you any money is to get the box swapped as though it was faulty.
I have nothing to do with billing you need to contact support via the homepage
I do not receive any credit until you rate the answer positively thank you
Anthony