Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Cannont connect Samsung Smart TV to router

Customer Question

I have a UA55E36700 Samsung Smart TV I've been trying to connect to the internet for over a year now and I've at the advise of the retailer I've just bought a new router and I still cannot connect....I'm ready to throw this tv out if it wasn't so expensive! please help

I have reset tv to factory settings and tried to connect to my Samsung mobile hotspot - cannot connect.

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This issue usually is the result of an internal hardware failure, meaning a faulty wifi radio transceiver inside the tv.It can also be caused by a firmware glitch As an initial step, is it possible for you to plug the tv into the router directly via a wired ethernet connection? Even if just temporary, it will allow the firmware to update and may let wifi functionality be restored. If not, I can explain other options for you.Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back to me Nathan but no cannot connect directly - the TV is in a different room to the router and too heavy to move. What to do next? Thanks, Michele

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Well, keeping in mind that the most likely issue here is hardware related (bad wifi card inside the tv), which isn't worth fixing (could end up costing nearly as much as a new tv), the best option is a work around. That would be either running a long ethernet cable, or using a wired equivilent connection such a a powerline ethernet adapter or wifi bridge.Buy one of these: http://amzn.to/1LMjsszPlug in on both ends (one to router, one to tv) and you'll have a much faster and more reliable connection than wifi ever would have been, at minimal cost compared to repairs. Best regards,Nathan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok I will look into buying an adapter and let you know if it works - it will take a couple of days however.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
No problem, take your time and best of luck to you,Nathan