TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My on off switch won't work.

Customer Question
My on off switch won't work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/5/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Sorry about delayed reply, this question just popped on my screen.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Thanks.
The model number 237 T11
I have had the problem 3 days
Thanks Mia for info.
Does power light on TV turn On or flash when push power button?
Power light is blue and always on when the TV is off when the power is on the blue turned off. The blue PowerLite has never flashed
- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Yes I unplugged everything and plugged again. Still doesn't 't work. Mia
Mia,
It seems TV has got internal failure and either power supply board isn't providing proper volts or the main processor chip on main board is defective, it needs further troubleshooting with multimeter to check output volts of power supply board which will help to determine defective board to get it replaced in TV to resolve the issue.
If power supply board output volts are correct then main board of TV will be replaced, if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician