Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Toshiba tv that is flasing a green light with no

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba tv that is flasing a green light with no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?
3. Have any parts been replaced or work been done? what? when?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1) Model # *****
2) Had the tv 3 years
3) no work ever done on tv
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Look carefully at the flashing led on the front. Is it flashing in a pattern? like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks for example
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
steady
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
do you have experience using a multi-meter for testing live voltages?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you going to call me??
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
sorry not able to make calls from here. you want to continue let me know if you have experience using a multi-meter for testing live voltages?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh, sorry. No. I have no experience with said device
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately unplugging the power cord for a while is the only reset you can do, there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and it is not possible to diagnose just by the external symptoms. It would be wrong for anyone to guess what the failure is. The back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. Since you have no electronics experience like using a meter then you would need to call a repair shop but that will end up costing as much as a new 40" tv. Sorry.
In case you think this answer was of no help to you, I assure you the advice I've given you is well worth it considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop because most shops will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135, then another $150 for labor plus up to $150 for the parts.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,