Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The screen turns sll white erratically during a tv show. Turning

Customer Question

The screen turns sll white erratically during a tv show. Turning the set off and then back on again will restore the picture for a moment or two then it superimposes a white
screen cover over the picture. After several hours the picture will settle down
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control during the time its white does the menu come up OK? this is a very important check thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No....when I press the "Menu" button....there is absolutely no effect on the screen .....it continues to intermittently
flash all white with a faint outline of the picture content in the background
No what I mean is does the menu come up as normal?or is the menu lost in the white out too?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the 'Menu" button is pressed the screen remains nearly all white and the Menu content appears at the same time with the picture still going in the background ....also with the white foreground
I dont use the phone call facility sorry
OK you press the menu button forgetting about the picture in the background is the menu disply NORMAL or is it affected by this fault?can you see the menu clearly on the screen?it has not been affected?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I press the MENU button the white transparent mask over the picture continues.....as does the Menu schedule when requested. The white mask over the entire picture screen is intermittent...but will settle down after several hours. Turning off the set will restore the picture to notmal but only for a few minutes before it starts in again
Can you take a picture and upload it to me here?one with the picture on and one with the menu up?
There should be a facility at your end to send a picture
Anthony
Hello
I can see you may have not been able to upload a photo here is that correct?
Anthony