TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Ok my tv u can hear the power in it when u plug it in but won't

Customer Question
power on then when I...
Ok my tv u can hear the power in it when u plug it in but won't power on then when I unplug it the screen flashes can u help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/3/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is the power-light lit?if so what color is it please?or is it blinking?
Anthony
No there is nothing just when I unplug it the tv acts like it gets power but that's all it does
I plug it in and u can hear the power flowing to it then when I unplug it the screen flashes that's all it does
I am sorry it seems like the power board may have failed can you use a meter to check it?
I will provide more info
Anthony
I don't have a meter in hand its at the shop and that's a little over a hr away
Once I get it where would I test it
ust before we go any further if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
No it don't
Well you need to check all the voltages coming out of it to the mainboard thats the one with all the input connectors on, what this will lead to is replacement of a board its either the power board or the main board that is the problem
Let me know if you can do this
Anthony
Yeah I can I got a meter
OK let me know when you have one
There is no rush this question remains open
Anthony
I got one in hand
Ok on the right side of the power board you will see all the plugs with voltages stamped next to the pins of each plug let me know you see this
Anthony
Ok yeah I see it
You need to take all those voltages red lead to each pin black lead to metal chassis meter set to low volts dc
Anthony
What is low volts dc setting lol I don't know much bout it I have the old meter with dev 1000###-##-#### ***** 200m then acc 750 1.5v (4.0ma then dca
You will have AC or DC on the meter you need to set the meter to around 30volts DC
It's ok
What is OK?you will have about 3 to 5 voltages to check?
If you don't know how to use the meter please just say
Anthony
Yea I don't my meter is newer then this much easier to use I have things to do right now ill worried bout it some other time or have it fixed
Its likely to be the powerboard you need to get the part number from the board and try www.shopjimmy.com for the board or google the part-number for suppliers.
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open
Regards
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician