TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Olivia TV turns off by itself and the power light blinks.

Customer Question
This has been happening when...
My Olivia TV turns off by itself and the power light blinks. This has been happening when the TV has been turned off for a long time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/3/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
Does it eventually warm up and stay on ?
Once it is warmed up (1 hour or so) , can you turn it off and on right away normally ?
Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Model # ***** I turn it on and it's on for a couple minutes, then it turns off and the light blinks. The only way I can get it to turn back on is to unplug it and wait till the light stops blinking.
O.k and how about my other question ;Once it is warmed up (1 hour or so) , can you turn it off and on right away normally ?
I could yesterday.... but I haven't been able to today. I had it plugged in for a few hours earlier but it still turned off.
O.k then this looks like you may have a defective power supply ,namely weak/vented capacitors and this is typical for a tv of that age .how do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?
Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect although the only way I would really see this being worth the repair would be if you were to look into this yourself as the power board alone cost some $60
I will look into the myself... thanks for the help
O.k then the first thing to do will be to remove the back cover and match your board with one of the 2 versions made for this model and that you can see at the link below;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=232-s12 Note that those power supply are ot available at that link , this is for id purpose only and once you have matched your board part number , I will find it for you
Actually will give you links for both of them and then you can order the one that fits in your tv , here is a first link ;http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-16001-aep013-oleviasyntax-tv-module-power-310119013014000-eec-pwaep03g00-232-s13-532-b12-232-t12.aspxAnd here is the second version ;http://www.tristatemodule.com/p-15235-eec-pw32lplg000-oleviasyntax-tv-module-power-supply-eec-pw32000g000-332-b11-232-s12-232-s13.aspxBoth for under $50 .If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help with that board , thank you
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician