TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

10 year old Panasonic LCD rear projector I have replaced the…

Customer Question
10 year old Panasonic...
10 year old Panasonic LCD rear projector I have replaced the lamp many times but now it stays on for about 5 minutes then it shuts back off I think its the starter but I don't know if that's it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
7/3/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
When the set shuts off the lights on the front of the set will be blinking let me know whats happening with those what color are they blinking for example or if they are pausing and blinking?
Anthony
Red light is blinking
OK just give me 10 mins to pull the data on this set thank you
Anthony
It's been over 2 hr no reply
I am sorry my reply has not gone through be right with you
Anthony
OK one of the lights in the front of the set will be blinking firstly is it the powerlight the temp light or the lamp light or is more than one light blinking?
Anthony
I'm sorry I have been out of town I won't be back till next week but I'm still having issues is it ok to contact you next week
Thats perfectly OK just let me know thank you
Anthony
Do I still be able to get a answer on my TV problem. Even though its been a while. When I turn it on green power light flash on and off. When it turn red flash there is another red light flash every 5 sec
Yes you did say you was getting back to me , I am just reading our conversation above, please let me know how many red blinks there are between pauses like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks as an example?
aNTHONY
Sorry I meant is it the lamp or temp or powerlight blinking
They are labelled on the front of the set
I put in a new lamp but it wont turn on the lamp light flashes once every 5 seconds and the power light is red flashing
OK so the lamp light is it blinking once every 5 seconds?
Where did you get the new lamp from please and for what price?
Please answer both requests thank you
Anthony
I got it from Amazon paid $32 I just checked the ball the lamp again and its blown I'm going to have to get another one and put it in and see what happens
They are copy lamps they are no good we have endless trouble with copy lamps, you need to get an OEM lamp you can get one of those from www.dlplampsource.com they only sell genuine lamps the only thing is it may cost you a $100 more but thats the only way to go.
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
I will do that and let you know. If that take care of problem. I will be more then happy to rate my experience
That's fine just make sure you get the OEM lamp and you won't have a problem. the industry is plagued by this issue of copy lamps so its nothing new anything off amazon or ebay or un-reputable companies is bad for this concerning high pressure arc lamps
Let me know
Regards
Anthony
I greatly appreciate your patient because I was so busy with work it took a long time to figure out what the problem was I will call you guys again with any problems I have thank you very much
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
That's great news you can contact me directly look for "info tech"
Please remember to rate the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post of smileys or stars thanks again
Regards
Anthony