TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am so confused about the situation with my tv is a samsung

Customer Question
Hi I am so confused...
Hi I am so confused about the situation with my tv is a samsung model hlp6163wx/xaa I already tried trouble shooting my tv the problem is the picture it goes out it comes back it flickers its like if I connect it and disconnect it it dont matter where I have connected if its video or rg6 I already took it apart both of the fans work the lamp works and I took a look at the color wheel no cracks and it spinns like a champ
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/3/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Does it do the same if you use another input like a DVD player for example?
Anthony
Yea it does I already tried connecting it on av in 1 av in 2 and 3
But with a different input like a DVD player?
What I mean is if your using a box you did'nt move the box to another input?you tried something completely different?what I am trying to do here is eliminate the box (assuming your using a box)
Anthony
Yes I also connected my playstation and it does the samething the picture its goes out and comes back
OK just so you know I dont use justanswers phone facility as I consider it none beneficial with troubleshooting
OK when it flickers does it go black?
Anthony
Okay when it flickers it goes blue ...The screen is usually blue if you dont have it on a source
Hopefully you have also swapped leads to eliminate that angle.
If that's the case I am afraid that leaves a bad main-board that will need to be replaced
These boards are hard to get now however if you think you can do the work let me know I will provide more info
Anthony
Swapped leads what is that?
How much do you think the main board will cost me?
I am referring to any HDMI or RCA leads you may be using, particularly HDMI
Let me know what leads you are using HDMI or RCA ?
Anthony
What does the main board do what are the functions on it
Please let me know what leads (cables)you are using?is it RCA (red/green/blue or red/white/yellow) or HDMI a single block about 1 inch wide?
Anthony
OK that is composite video if you use HDMI does it do the same with that?
Anthony
I dont have hdmi cable at this moment should I go buy one to test it
OK let me tell you what I believe is wrong, I believe the analogue board is bad that is why you are getting the set doing this odd behavior, now as a workaround (and also will improve the pic) connect up the cable or satellite box with HDMI as that is using the digital board a much better way anyway to connect please check your box can accommodate HDMI
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open
Regards
Anthony
That makes sence I was thinking the samething I just had to hear it from a tech thanks alot
Hello yes it has to be the analogue board the analogue and digital board are in a sandwich if you can get HDMI in there for your products like the box and others you will be good because the analogue is poor anyhow for the pic you may need a HDMI adaptor though to accomodate more than one input
Regards
Anthony
Please remember to rate the answer positively thank you there will be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post this is the only way I receive any credit from the site, note the question remains open
Anthony
Hello
How is this working out please?
Let me know thanks
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician