TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My alba 24/207 TV just went blank after the same picture was…

Customer Question
My alba 24/207 TV just...
My alba 24/207 TV just went blank after the same picture was on for a while. When I turn TV on the screen is a dark grey with sound only no mAtter what source I select
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
7/2/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions ;
Do you mean that the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?
No picture of anything it's a bit greyer than it is when it's off but no menu or any texts is there a safe mode to stop screen burn
Sorry but no , this is not like a PC and monitor , no screen saver here .From what you described it looks like your tv will need repair I`m afraid and that would be the t-con AKA lcd controller board .how do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
by the way , was this tv bought in the UK ?