Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Haier 40" tv. Two to two and a half years old. Tuesday

Customer Question

I have a Haier 40" tv. Two to two and a half years old. Tuesday, my wife and I were watching Direct TV on this television. Suddenly, the screen went black and the sound went off. I called Direct TV service and the lady talked me throughout very complete solutions of repair. None worked. She gave me the Haier service number which I called. The man that answered took my name and address and telephone. He then gave me a phone number to call here in Louisville, Kentucky. The name of this so called service center is "MR. Appliance", Phone number is(###) ###-#### The lady that answered said that their company only repairs refrigerators, dishwashers etc…. NO TV's. I called Haier back and the gentleman said I should look in the yellow pages for a repairman. What a SERVICE MAN. I replaced the triple AAA batteries in the controller to no avail. The power light on the front of the TV is red when the Power is off, and green when the power is on. It is stuck on green and I cannot change it . I suspect the controller.
Thanks,
Larry B.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the set, so I can look up which one we're dealing with?