TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Kawai CA65 that is not producing any sound. What I've…

Customer Question
I have a Kawai CA65...
I have a Kawai CA65 that is not producing any sound. What I've tried:
Factory reset
Adjusting volume
Turning on and off
Unplugging and plugging in
Changing voices
Unplugging pedals
Plugging in to headphone jack
Plugging in to other headphone jack
Plugging an amp into line out
Verifying MIDI local control is on (it was, I verified after the factory reset)
Still no sound via any method
What can I do to get sound back?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 2 days by:
7/5/2015
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 3 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
It seems you have already tried everything you possibly can externally, so the problem is likely internal - perhaps a faulty IC, resistor, or similar component. You could try swapping in a replacement circuit board - it is much easier to do this than to attempt to troubleshoot at component level, unless the fault is obvious, e.g. a burned out part.