Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I HAVE A SANYO TV. MODEL DP52440 WHEN TURNING ON IT TAKES A

Customer Question

I HAVE A SANYO TV. MODEL DP52440 WHEN TURNING ON IT TAKES A LONG TIME
TO COME ON AFTER IT ON AND I CHANGE CHANNELS THE SCREEN WILL GO DARK AND I LOOSE MY SOUND ALSO WAITING ABOUT 20 SECONDS I WILL GET A PICTURE WHEN I CHANGE CHANNELS IT WILL DO THE SAME THING
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, What is connected to the TV that you receive broadcasts from when the screen goes dark? Is it a cable box, or using a coaxial cable directly from the wall to the back of the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am connected to cox cable box however I tried it with the cable direct in and the tv did the same thing
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. If the issue only occurred when the channels were changed, and the sound also dropped out at times- this has nothing to do with the power board in the set- it's actually the "Mainboard" which is failing and needs to be replaced. The Mainboard processes all channel commands and the volume and inputs. Whenever we see the issue you're having it always points to a failing EEPROM (processor ) in the Mainboard. The solution here is to replace the Mainboard, which can be located at the link below for purchase: http://www.shopjimmy.com/sanyo-n7kf-main-board-for-dp52440-00.htm They are currently showing as out of stock, but you can have Shop Jimmy notify you once the board becomes available, or use the part number listed at that link and search Ebay or other used/pulled parts sites for a replacement. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.