TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a year 2000 Sony Trinitron 32 inch TV. The M

Customer Question
My name is Cora....
My name is Cora. I have a year 2000 Sony Trinitron 32 inch TV. The Model # ***** ***** The picture keeps blinking off and on. I have good audio, but it takes a long time for the picture to show. I do not have cable, but antenna only.
Cora
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
7/1/2015
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi Cora and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony TV. The SU-32A2 is a TV stand.
Louie,Thank you for pointing that out to me. The model number is ***** and serial #(###) ###-####
Cora
Appreciate the additional information Cora.
The described symptom on a Sony KV-32S26 almost always point to an internal hardware issue. This would would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
It is possible that the fault could be as simple as a cold solder or in some instances a heat related/component about to fail.
Are you considering a repair?
Yes. Can you suggest a good repairman in the vicinity of Oak Park, IL?
Cora, please go to
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
Key in your Zip Code and then click on the Submit button. A list of NESDA accredited TV repair shops would be displayed. Select nearest you and give them a call to inquire particularly on the Service Fees.
Louie, Technician