TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TC-P60S30, purchased in 2011, that lost…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Panasonic...
Hi, I have a Panasonic TC-P60S30, purchased in 2011, that lost power after electrical storm a week ago. There is no indication of any power in the unit. It was not on at the time of the storm. It was connected to a surge protector, but sony playstation, connected to TV, via HDMI, was not. All indications are that the playstation is fine. I took off the back; fuses checked with digital mutimeter; purchased replacement power supply board from shopjimmy.com and installed today. Without replacing back cover, i connected to power and hit power switch with no change is power status. What's next?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/30/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. There's two boards that work in tandem within the TV to provide the power light and the turn on command. The power board- and the Mainboard. If there's no power light even after replacing the power board, it's possible the storm affected the Main and power board- or simply the Main. I would suggest however replacing the Mainboard since this is the most common failure in the event of a power surge, storm or outage. The Mainboard is at the link below. I would hold off on sending the power board back until you confirm that the old one works once the new Mainboard is installed. If so, then you can send the power board back to Shop Jimmy:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1pguus-a-board-for-tc-p60s30.htm
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Are you able to see my reply?