Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need a PIN number to setup my sceptre TV. P/N X20sv gecko.

Customer Question

I need a PIN number to setup my sceptre TV. P/N X20sv gecko. Where and or how do You get one?? Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me exactly where you are seeing this at? What is the complete and specific message/request you are getting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Turn TV on get this message. A PIN is needed from your server in order to add this location. On server go to menu. Settings and help. While home manage clients and select add cliants. Get PIN. When I go to menu. I get set up options

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
What do you have the tv connected to currently?Cable/satellite, dvd, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Direct TV via c31/10pin cable from box to tv

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this message has to be coming from the dtv box, not from the tv itself.This is a very old model tv (from 2007), it has no internet capabilities or ability to connect to any server/network on its own.It sounds like your box is needing a pin to be added to your directv account. Have you used this box previously with another tv or is it a new box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Used on another tv

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Used on another tvr. So what your saying is. this TV can not be hooked up to a dish network

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Not necessarily, the box connections should be fine, but this is a configuration issue on the box.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Have you contacted directv yet to have them reset the box or reload the account info in it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Need code for DTV remote

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Programming the dtv remote is an entirely different process.This is not related at all in any way to a server pin. Please clarify what you are really trying to do here.