Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

ANTHONY. MY MOTHER HAS A SAMSUNG LN32C54OF2DXZA 32' FLAT

Customer Question

HI ANTHONY. MY MOTHER HAS A SAMSUNG LN32C54OF2DXZA 32' FLAT SCREEN TV THAT WILL NOT TURN ON AS IF IT HAS NO POWER. I CHECKED ALL PLUGS AND STILL NO POWER. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I DON'T WANT A MEMBERSHIP. CAN YOU CHARGE ME FOR THIS ONE QUESTION THEN CANCEL MY ACCOUNT?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the Techs on here don't charge- or have anything to do with billing. We're independent techs not site employees. Anything billing related you would address to customer service from the home page- not by replying here. Now onto your TV question, how old is this TV? Also, are there any signs of life at all on the set (power light lit, or blinking, etc.)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WILL BE BACK IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Okay sounds good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I AM BACK AND WAITING ON A RESPONSE. THERE IS NO SIGN OF POWER ON THE TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
TV IS ABOUT 3 YEARS OLD
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. If there is no sign of life on the TV at all- then this means the power supply board in the set is not rectifying any DC voltages- and it needs to be replaced. If you're looking to repair this for her then you will purchase the power supply board which is at the link below and swap out the one in her set: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/BN44-00338B/0057/528.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=BN44-00338B&sid=SPDxGPROD&gclid=CjwKEAjw2cOsBRD3xNbRp5eQxzYSJADZGYbz-Jh0ELpHQL0viGOtlATniwFfYov4j6ukLUSj-TU2URoCCsrw_wcB
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
This is a plug and play board- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. You simply remove all of the screws on the back of the TV and remove the rear cover. The power board is the one that attaches to the AC Input jack, and the wires simply plug into it.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If this is not something you're comfortable with, a shop will typically charge $200 for this type of repair, and this is steep- considering a new 32" Vizio is roughly $225 brand new, so I would consider whether paying a shop to repair this is cost effective. However if she really likes the set, and you're not going to pursue a DIY repair- then you can locate a shop at the link below: www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?