TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Philips 46pfl7705d/f7 turns on and briefly turns blue before…

Customer Question
Philips 46pfl7705d/f7 turns on and...
Philips 46pfl7705d/f7 turns on and briefly turns blue before turning black. No picture or sound.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/30/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Any graphics/ display appears on screen along with blue background before shut down?
- Was there any storm in area that might have caused this issue in TV?
- How old is it and how long it have had the problem?
Thanks.
This is the first time I have turned the TV on in 4 months. It is just over 4 years old. No other graphics besides blue screen for a second. It turns on perfectly with clicking sound, but the Philips graphic does not show.
Thanks for the info.
It seems TV firmware (internal software) has been corrupted for some reason (mostly happens due to EEPROM (memory) chip failure on main board) so TV doesn't boot up properly and firmware crashed so resulted no picture or sound.
I would suggest to try to upgrade TV firmware that might help to resolve the issue, please go to following Philips link and download the firmware zip file along with upgrade instructions file, unzip firmware file and copy it into USB memory stick, plug it in TV and turn On the TV to see if it stays On and USB light start flashing to indicate communication activity? If so, give TV some time to see how it goes.
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=46PFL7705D/F7&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=US&slg=AEN
If it doesn't happen or upgrade file doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid main board of TV will need to be replaced, please check with following board supplier to get replacement main board as currently it is out of stock or search/google it with the part number off of main board in TV to get price and stock info to order it if wish to replace it yourself in TV.
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=46pfl7705d%2Ff7
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.