TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We use our 10 yr old Zenith HD as a secondary TV downstairs.

Customer Question
It is not hooked up...
We use our 10 yr old Zenith HD as a secondary TV downstairs. It is not hooked up to HD nor any exterior audio device. We are on cable. After about a half hour of watching TV the audio starts to cut out and eventually disappears. It comes back on after we turn it off for a few minutes. Is it wearing out? If we purchase an exterior audio component will that work to replace it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/29/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
On occasion this issue can be caused by a software drop-out in any cable or satellite box you may be using that takes out the sound so to start with please disconnect the box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug the box back in again, it will be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time.
Let me know how this works out
If it works out good please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar with this post, rating positive is the only way I receive credit from the site thanks again.
Regards
Anthony