TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung HL-S6187WX/XAA television. I just replaced…

Customer Question
I have a Samsung HL-S6187WX/XAA...
I have a Samsung HL-S6187WX/XAA television. I just replaced the bulb about 2 weeks ago. The picture has started to get dark.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/29/2015
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 years ago
Nathan, Installer
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me where you purchased the lamp and the approximate cost?Is the picture equally dark on all inputs/sources? What about the samsung menu?
I purchased my lamp off amazon and yes it is equally dark on all. I have tried to lighten it thru the menu but no luck
How much did you pay for the lamp?
Did it say "compatible" on it?
Yes I even called them and they told me it was and when it came in it has same numbers on it as the Samsung one.
Okay the lamp is the problem. These $30-50 "compatible" lamps are generic parts. They often last only a few weeks-months and typically not as bright as the proper OEM Samsung lamp. The correct OEM lamp will be $100-150 but should also last 2-3 years with typical use. You want to get the osram lamp with the housing here
http://www.dlplampsource.com/bp96-01472a-television-replacement-lamp.html
You should be able to return the first lamp to Amazon.