Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

I have a samsung HP R4272x/xaa with red lines runing vertically;

Customer Question

HI: I have a samsung HP R4272x/xaa with red lines runing vertically; I am trying to find the right part to buy to replace
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Could you upload a picture of the issue here for me to see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI I Have uploaded some pictures of the problem; please confirm receipt

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Steven: I can not see the uploaded pictures in this window; is this a problem?

can you provide another email so I can forward the images?

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
I see the pictures, are they like sparkles in the picture or are they stationary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they are all the time; they intensify when images change they are more visible with dark images than lighter ones

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Okay, this is a very common issue in the older plasma panels, once the panels age the VA and VS voltages need to be readjusted. if this goes too long without adjustments being corrected the panel can burn.You can try to correct it by adjusting the VA and VS voltages on the power supply slightly plus or minus 15 volts while watching the image, if the issue can not be adjusted then the panel has failed and can not be corrected with out being replaced, never cost effective for a plasma panel. This must be done carefully as you are working with high voltages and making adjustments on a live circuit. CAUTION > if you are not use to working with live high voltages you should not attempt this. The pots that need adjustments are on the power supply board. VS-ADJ AND VA-ADJ voltages must be monitored as adjustments are being made do not exceed plus or minus 15 volts.
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
The voltage values are listed on the white tag located on the panel itself. Va should be around 65 while the Vs is around 110 or so.
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Steven: Last night i did what you proposed but didnt work; as I moved the VA and VS it increase or decreased the intensity of the lines but did not fix the problem; in the mean time there were dark horizontal lines as you can see in the pictures. do you think is tyhe pannel? I understand is not cost effective to change the pannel!

Please advise

Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Okay got all your pictures, this looks like you have two unrelated issues going on here. The red sparkle is a panel va and vs adjustment that may or may not be able to be fixed via the power supply adjustments. If it can not then the plasma panel would have to be replaced at a cost that would exceed the value of the TV.The bars going across the screen could be caused by loose or dirty panel to buffer board connections, remove the buffer connections wipe them clean and reinsert them to see if the problem is still present. If it is the buffer boards would have to be replaced, these are the narrow boards that run down the left hand side of the panel. It wouldn't make sense to replace them if the adjustments do not clear up the sparkles, by looking at the pictures it looks like there are some bars that burned into the panel due to the sparkling issue. Those would require replacement of the panel, not cost effective. you may be fighting a up hill battle here.