Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Just got a proscan entertainment unit with an RCA television

Customer Question

Just got a proscan entertainment unit with an RCA television inside. Model # ***** There is a black bar at the bottom of the screen that I can't get rid of. Can you offer some assistance?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please tell me what is connected to the set that you receive broadcasts from? Is it a cable/sat box?
Also, when did this problem occur?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I receive connections through a cable box however I feel this issue is just a poor setting for this particular TV. Here is a picture of the lower black bar I'm trying to get rid of.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome back to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the cable box. Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).
Still and if connected with a single coaxial patch-cord, then possibly the CC (closed Caption) feature has been inadvertently enabled.
On the otherhand, if connected using RCA-to-RCA A/V cables, then it would be a vertical linearity/size concern; an internal hardware issue.
Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.