TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a sharp aquos LC-42D77X and it keeps turning off

Customer Question
hi I have a sharp...
hi I have a sharp aquos LC-42D77X and it keeps turning off and the red light flashes. I try to turn it on it stays on for about 10 secs and turns off again. If I unplug the HDMI cable it turns on and then I plug cable back in and it stays on for another hour or two but always powers off eventually. It won't stay on at all when cable is plugged into HDMI input 2
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2015
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, have you tried another HDMI cable? ...or another source with HDMI capability?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
As inquired above; "...have you tried another HDMI cable? ...or another source with HDMI capability?..."
I got the tv from a friend who had some kind of issue with it so he bought a new telly. I cant remember the exact problem but i do recall him saying something about input and display. Does that help?
Trying another HDMI cable and/or another HDMI capable source would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.
These are proposed as these are the only easy tries.
All others would point to an internal hardware issue. If trying out another HDMI and source proves to be non-corrective, then internal repairs would be needed.
Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multimeter and even perhaps a soldering iron?
I do not have another HDMI cable or source
Unfortunately, that is the simplest test/try that can be done.
Can you perhaps borrow from the a friend or the former owner?