TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn my tv on after 30 sec it turns off and the say…

Customer Question
when I turn my tv...
when I turn my tv on after 30 sec it turns off and the say an error has been detected
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/28/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does the error message "an error has been detected" appear on TV screen when TV turns Off?
Thanks.
No it appears when it turns it self back on
OK, does the power light on TV front blink while it stay Off?
Sometimes yes
OK and TV always turns On itself after shut down and this keeps going on?
It might turn off and on a few times then it stays on with no problem it's always when I first turn the tv on for the first time
ah OK, thanks for the info.
There are few boards inside TV that can be cause of this symptoms, either power supply board or main processor board.
It needs to check power supply output volts such as 5V, 12V DC with multimeter to determine power board performance and volts are low or not stable then swapping the power board will help to resolve the issue.
Do you have multimeter and can check volts on power supply board to proceed further if wish to repair the TV yourself?
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
How much do u think this would be to get a tech to fix it
You can expect $250 to $350 repair cost (parts and labor) from local TV repair shop.
I hope these info will help to make decision about this TV repair or invest it on new replacement TV.
Thanks.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.