TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a plasma tc p60s30 and it will not power

Customer Question
Hello, I have a plasma tc...
I have a plasma tc p60s30 and it will not power on. No blinking lighys, nothing. I replaced the p board and still nothing. No relays clicking. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/26/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this are an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing info phone # *****
That being said ;
The P board would definitely have been the first board recommended to check first although voltage measurements could have easily confirmed it defective or not.
I don`t know if you can return and exchange that board for a part # ***** (TNPH0914AD) but that A board would definitely be the number1 suspect now and as a matter of fact the only suspect .
Where did you get that power board
Shopjimmy.com and how does the a board control the power lights and control the system? I verified voltages with my meter on the p board and it checked our good. I wasn't sure if there was a busted capacitor somewhere messing things up. The p board has no lights when plugged in.
Right now we know the power board is good so that means there is the required standby voltages and that what I would`ve checked with the old p board before ordering a new one.The main board takes the 5 and 15 volts , divides it into sub -voltages and use those to feed the main board processor tht send the power on command to the power board which in turns gives out the vs,va and other voltages that turns on your tv .If those standby voltages are stopped at the main board then you get what you have now , nothing
Isn't there an led on the p board that will illuminate when then tv Is plugged in?
That is a short /rough description of the functioning but close enough for now ,You don`t even have the voltages for the front led
Do you have a part number for the a board? Or any diagnostics I can do on it? Other than just replace it.
That P board does not have voltage indications on it so I cannot show you were to check the voltages , there are no schematics for it and I don`t see led`s but if you got it from shopjimmy , I trust that it is good so the logic takes you to the A board .Unfortunately shopjimmy is out of stock on that one so you could sign up to be notified when back in stock and then return your power board to get credit towards a main board part #TXN/A1PGUUS (TNPH0914AD) .To sign up you can go to the link below;http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txn-a1pguus-a-board-for-tc-p60s30.htmWill check and see who has it in stock anyway
Here is one;http://tv-part.com/panasonic-txn-a3pguus-a-board-tnph0914ad-for-tc-p60s30-tc-p60s30ua-.html
I meant are there any diagnostic tests we can do on the a board?
Not really , those are done by experience and knowledge of electronics and that is difficult to share , in any case that would be only to confirm what we already know
I am an electrical engineer. I couldn't find the manual anywhere or I would have tested myself.
Give me a sec
Don`t have that manual either but in any case I don`t know if you`ve seen a recent tv service manual of Panasonic or any brand for that matter ?They are not the manuals that they used to be with schematics,test points , voltage values or even waveform at best you get a rough block diagram that is completely useless for troubleshooting to component levelWhat you get is at time s troubleshooting guide that will help you identify the faulty board and perhaps how to adjust the vs,va and vsc but that is it
Well I finally received my replacement a board. The tv powers up but has a purple hue with black splotches all over and the screen pulsates and then shuts off. It also has some burn in from a show I was not watching at the time.
Hello again , now you have some rather odd problem and especially those burn-ins , sorry but nothing I can do about that , someone must have been watching that show for you or the panel got swapped somewhere .
Re-install the old power board now and see what happens.
I am the only one in my house and I was watching the tv when it went it shut off and I wasn't watching that. I already put the old power board back and when I turn it on its the same issue. Could it be any of the other boards or the panel? Any other diagnostics I can do? Is there anyone else here that could offer more advice?
LOL there must be some ghosts and not only in the screen LOL
Never mind those burn-ins for now , its those " splotches " that would worry me as it does indeed look like you have a defective panel now and yes it will cause a shutdown .
If you could return that main board then all the better and to tell you frankly this tv is starting to look like a write off
This is a rather odd problem , not sure if I`m looking at a negative picture of a signal or is this what you mean by burned in picture ??
This is permanent ?
If not the panel then the A board you got is defective .
It did the trick to turn the tv on but somehow has retained something of what it was processing before failing .
This would actually explain that picture you have never seen on this tv and not a burn-in but a generated (by the main board) ghost of a picture.
Return that main board as defective
I installed another a board and the tv stays on buy I still have the bad insge retention and pink screen. Any othet boards I can replace thst mighy fix this?
The only possible thing left now for this weird problem is the plasma panel itself and nothing else so this means no , no other board will ever repair that .
Sorry to say but even if you find another panel , by the time you are finished you will be at 110% the cost of a new tv .
Fix the new board ???
Not sure I`m following you here .
You said it was acting the same as the old board and if you think it is defective then return it as defective ??
I got a third a board to try. The image retention is the same as the previous a board. I can watch shows now but they look like they are behind the pink haze.
O.k but doesn`t that tell you that the A board has nothing to do with that image retention ?
Yes, but the previous a board would shut off after ten seconds. So what are my options.
Options ?
As I said above there is only one thing left that can cause this problem and that is the plasma panel .
Can you provide evidence or documentation?