TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Vizio

Customer Question
Vizio
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
vizio p50hdtv10a has horizontal lines changed y sustain, y buffer z sustain...still same problem exists. on screen it has thick black and white lines across the screen.
6/26/2015
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the horizontal lines are sharp-edged, and the black lines are as 'broad' or 'thick' as the white lines, then you have (I think) a digital circuits problem;
If the lines are fuzzy-edged and e.g. the white lines are fuzzy-edged... or at least, if the white lines are broader than the black lines, or vice-versa... then you have an analog problem.
I suspect you have a digital problem, e.g. a problem with memory on the logic board, since you have changed out a lot of the boards with the analog circuitry on them.
So I would guess you need to change the main/logic board, the one with lots of 'chips' mounted on it.
But it would be good to consult a service manual for this model, too... which would have authoritative troubleshooting tables and symp***** *****sts, etc.
The two sources of service manual I found, are the first one 'Free' but unreliable... I did not test the download... proceed with caution...
http://userguideme.org/vizio-p50hdtv10a-service-manual.html
and the second site is utterly reliable, but offers the service manual for a price (I have often recommended this site and never heard any criticism of it whatever):
http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/VIZIO/P50HDTV10A%20%20NO%20SCHEMES/522976/detail.aspx
- note that the second service manual offer has no 'schemes', presumably meaning, 'no schematics'.
If this completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer - favorably - so I will be paid for the work and care I have spent on your question and its answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.