Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a RCA LRK40G45RQ Roky ready flatscreen, we had the

Customer Question

We have a RCA LRK40G45RQ Roky ready flatscreen, we had the tv under parental control and blocked. Returning home for two months had us forget the password. How can we override this or reset without such hassle?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but I can see that you asked this question some 45 minutes ago .
Do you still need help with it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Please. I have done many of any troubleshoots on this RCA Roku Ready flat screen tv. No matter what we do or try to reset it is stating, 'Input is blocked, Press OK to input password'. We can't remember at all what the unlock password ***** we personally changed it.Please help us.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem , jut follow the procedure below to reset the password ***** 0000All in one sequence press menu-1-4-7-0Now you can go in the menu with that 0000 to turn that off or re-install a new password. If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this from power on?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
yes it is and if needed try it twice , this is the procedure for the new rca models made by the ONCORP like yours
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not working
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
How old is this , is it 2013 ,2014 or 2015 ?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
By the way , how did you try it ?Did you press the menu then the numbers or pressed the menu and hold and then enter the digits ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2014
Hold and then enter the digits
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
ok then that may be the problem , press them one at a time all in one sequence
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
And this just resets the password ***** 0000 , it does not remove it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A 'blue screen' popped up on the upper left corner, Factory Setting
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
o.k then that's a full reset which will clear the password ***** reset it to 0000 , turn off the tv then back on and do its original setup again .Sorry for the inconvenience but it used to clear the password ***** not a factory resetIn any case your password ***** ***** as well now
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Here is a link for you if needed ;http://support.roku.com/entries/22831405-RCA-How-do-I-set-up-my-Roku-Streaming-Stick-Roku-Ready-Version-
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Here is your online manual as well ;http://download.oncorpus.com/LRK40G45RQ_UM.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the manual, it is still asking me the same thing. No change.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
did you try 0000 now ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Five times
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
O.k then sorry but if a factory reset does not do it then I don`t know what will , I mean its like its coming out of the factory now.I will repost your question and perhaps someone here came across this problem and will be able to help youDo not rate or do anything as it will hinder the repost.Just standby and someone should be with you shortly .In the mean time if I get more info on this I will opt back in .Good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No problem , just standby
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
By the way ,after the "factory reset" on the screen and you turned it off , did it come back on to the first time setup ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. No. Stayed the same.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Just to double check here , it did NOT go through the first time setup ??
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
If it did not then try the menu1470 again and this time when the blue screen appear with factory setting , try to press the OK or perhaps MENU button on the remote
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Perhaps talking over the phone may be helpful.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it did not go through.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Try this first , in any case after that my bag of tricks is pretty much empty beside suggesting to pull out the power cord as well for a minute after the "factory setting" message and power off.
Also , you should be aware that the website adds an $18 charges for a phone call .
Give that a try and let me know ?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if any button (beside power )does anything to the tv while the FACTORY SETTINGS is displayed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Factory Setting is back on...waiting your reply.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Right now its as if the factory reset did not take and may need confirmation so try the OK or MENU button ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says Source Select: USB...?
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
That's it ??Its asking for a firmware upgrade let me check that but don`t touch anything , just power it off and pull the power cord for a minute
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
No firmware available for ANY rca tv as far as I can seeDid you plug it back and tried it again ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing is working. Thanks any way. No change whatsoever. But thanks anyhow for trying.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Ok then its time to call rca 1-***-***-****
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Again , do not rate but if you could let me know the outcome of this I would be grateful
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You tried your best yet I feel that I lost money for merely any result of a solution to my concern.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Lost money ??
The money is still yours , it did not cost you anything so far , just a deposit .
You can get it back here if you wish ;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****
Did you call rca at the number I gave you ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. They gave me another number to call, they'll have someone contact me.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Ok then they may have a solution for you although I do not like the way the tv is behaving .
Let me know how that goes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The toll free number you gave end up giving me another number.Sure will. Thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing helped at all. I couldn't manage to troubleshoot it in anyway. Even if I did not have a solution to my concern, Just Answer still charged me $43.00 even if there was no solution. Bogus!
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Ok then try this link instead ;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund