TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Mitsubishi model 65731 62" dlp. Ican't get the picture

Customer Question
to come on and I...
I have a Mitsubishi model 65731 62" dlp. Ican't get the picture to come on and I have already tried the reset button on the front several times and also unplugging and replugging it in
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/24/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What does the LED indicator lights do on TV front when turn On the TV?
- Does any one flash?
Thanks.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm sorry, I'm not in position to make phone call so please provide me following info to troubleshoot the problem.
- Does any one flash?
Thanks.
I get blinking green light for about a minute. When it stops I still can't turn anything on with remote or by front controls
OK, does the lamp light on TV lit when green light stop blinking?Also, when did you replace lamp last time in TV?
lamp light does not come on. The lamp has been replaced and does not have a lot of hours on it.
OK, was there any thunderstorm in area that might have caused this problem in TV?
Not while the tv was actually on.
OK, we need to do a test, please remove lamp cover on TV, turn On and check, does any other light blink now?
The yellow light blinks
hello?
Sorry for delayed reply, had to step away from computer, working on your TV issue and get back to you in 10 minutes.
Thanks for waiting.
Above test shows TV processor chip is working and pointing to lamp quality.
Where did you buy the lamp from and what was the cost?
It was a factory lamp straight from Sears. I actually had the sears tech install it because I had an extended warranty.
I understand, and how long ago it was replaced in TV?
I'm not sure how long ago but the tv is down in my sports room and it does not have a lot of hours on that lamp
OK, let me send the question to open list so others can view it to assist you further, I'm opting out now.Thanks.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
I am a different technician
How much did you pay for the lamp please?
Anthony
It was the factory replacement lamp from Sears. I had an extended warranty and I had the tech put it in so I don't know the cost
OK what you need to do is activate the sets own error reporting software you do that by holding down ON THE SET ITSELF the INPUT or DEVICE and MENU buttons together and hold them down for 6 seconds or more the sets light in the front will blink a two piece code like 2 blinks followed by 3 blinks as an example I need to know this code please Anthony
3 blinks then 2 blinks
That's the lamp cover open please make sure that is fully secured on the set before doing the test again
I checked the cover and tightened it down. Now there is no blinking when I hold them down. I tried 4 or 5 times
OK what happens now when you turn the set ON?if it does not come on I will need to know exactly what happens with the lights in the front of the setThats really odd you got nothing Anthony
Nothing happens when I hold the 2 buttons down and nothing happens when I try and turn it on. I know I have power because when I push reset the timer button blinks green.
Please hold the buttons down for more than 6 seconds otherwise it wont work
Wait for the light (if any)to go out THEN do the check
So you switch the set ON let the set shut down (blinking light)THEN do the test
When I Push the power button I get nothing. No blinking light. The only way I get the blinking light is if I push reset
OK after you press reset and carry out the test does that work?
No
OK please disconnect the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in let me know if anything changes
I,ll be about 5 minutes
Thats OK
The timer button blinks. Pushed the power button and nothing
And you are still finding the set will not report an error?the test?
Take off the lamp cover again and let me know if it blinks 3/2 again
Did you get my response?
No only what is abobve
When I plugged back on after 5 minutes the timer buton blinked for a little bit and then I pushed the power button on the TV and nothing
Took it off and put it back on. Pushed the menu and input buttons. 3 blinks and 2 blinks .
So the set is reporting that error OK
So that means the main-board is working to a degree
I am sorry there is no easy fix here, it is looking like the firmware has gone bad that controls the main-board so that will mean the main-board will need to be replaced I am not sure if that is within your scope?
Anthony
Approx. Cost for that ?
For a tech to do I would imagine around $300 so you do have to take into consideration the age of the set repair against replace
Anthony
I am sorry this did not work out the way you or I would like however the analysis is correct and for my work here I will need you to rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site thank you, ***** ***** have any further questions on this I will be around even after rating thanks again.
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician