Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

One daytv will work fine next goes on and off usually

Customer Question

one daytv will work fine next goes on and off usually with soound sometimes off altogether connectiions tightened a new box provided by verizon problem not corrected is tv reparable it is only abouot 2 yrs old
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Can you get the model number off of the back of the TV?
2) When the set shuts off- does the power light come on, go out, or start blinking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MOEL MODELE NO LN 32 C530 F1F Model Code LN 32C 530 F1F XZA2. BLINKING
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IT SEEMS TO ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM TEMPORARILY IF I REMOVE THE CORD FROMTHE ELECTRICITY
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Yes this is a common issue with Samsung sets, and it eventually will require service. There's two trouble points- the mainboard and the power board which ultimately require testing and replacement of one of the boards to fix the problem permanently. If this is something you're looking to fix yourself, you'll need a mulit-meter and the ability to measure live voltages. Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of repair then a shop will typically charge $200-$250 parts and labor for this repair, and can be located at the link below: www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.