TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The timer light is flashing green about 150 times. the fan

Customer Question
The timer light is flashing...
The timer light is flashing green about 150 times. the fan comes on too. The tv wont respond to any commands(from remote or buttons on front of tv. I got it to come on a few days ago and it played good all night. turned it off in the morning and it's back to the same thing. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/24/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Did the initial problem occur after a storm or power outage? Also, does anything at all show on the screen when it's turned on (Mits welcome screen, etc.)? When was the last time the lamp was replaced?
problem started when a friend used the wrong remote to turn tv on. I have att u-verse and was controlling tv and cable box with att remote. she used Mitsu remote and don't know which button she hit. got tv to come on yesterday. only got blue screen. Lamp was replaced in November
Please elaborate on blue screen. So when you turn the TV on a blank blue screen shows up?
Are you still with me?
yes. still here. yes a blue screen with only the channel info in the corner. couldn't change channel with remote. it wasnt on the channel it needed to be to view my att programming
What remote are you trying to use- the TV remote, or the ATT remote right now please? You need to use the Mits remote to change the INPUT/DEVICE the TV is set to. Are you saying even with confirmed good batteries in the Mits remote that you are unable to change the Input?
yes. good batteries in mitsu remote.
tv wont come on at all
You just said there was a blue screen- please elaborate.
This happened once. wasnt able to make any changes and tv cut itself off. hasn't been back on.
Please press power, when the set shuts off follow these steps to get an error code. Let me know what you get. Error Code Operational CheckNote: The TV must be in “Shut Down” and not have been switched Off, to perform the Error Code OperationalCheck. When the TV is switched Off, the code automatically resets to “12” No Error.Pressing the front panel “DEVICE” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and holding for 5 seconds,activates the Error Code Mode. The LED flashes denoting a two digit Error Code, or indicating no problemhas occured since the last Initalization.Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.• The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.• The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.• The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.• The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.Example: If the Error Code is “32”, the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.
the timer light is flashing really fast, the fan comes on then goes after about 30 seconds. light continues to flash then stops. repeat this cycle as long as tv is plugged in.
Please read and follow the steps above. Let me know what you get. This is the error code built into the set.
ok
This code tells us what's wrong with the TV. Please reply back after trying those steps.
this is what happened: the timer light and fan came on and ran for 30 sec. fan stopped but light flashed for 20 sec. with 3 short flashes after a pause. the whole process repeated after 30 seconds. tv never actually powered on.
Aric thank you so much for your time and expertise. I must leave, however, to make a scheduled doctors appt. I will try again later. thanks again and have a great day!
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?
Aric, Technician