TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a TV - Sony Bravia 42" Model No KDL-40SL150 Serial No.

Customer Question
(###) ###-#### ***** version: ER4.11-E227. I have...
I have a TV - Sony Bravia 42" Model No KDL-40SL150 Serial No. (###) ###-#### ***** version:
ER4.11-E227.
I have misplaced my user manual. Can a get a new one?
Does my TV have a built in antennae for receiving DIGITAL broadcasts?
I am trying to use a Clear TV antennae to replace cable. How do I get rid of any channels I don't want to receive? (eg Spanish channels)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/23/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with these problems one at a time.
First about the built-in antenna , sorry but no such things .
In any case you seem to be getting channels with the antenna you have now , even unwanted channels and this can be cleared by editing the channels list .
Be right back with the manual and we can go over that together
Here is your manual , just click the link below ;https://docs.sony.com/release/KDL40V5100.pdfI will be with you shortly and please do not open other posts , just closed the other one you opened . Are you getting any channels at this time ?
YES, I'M GETTING ABOUT 14 CHANNELS, NOT INCLUDING 5.1 (KENS5), WHICH I NEED VERY BADLY
Ok then that means that you already did the auto program/channel search and you know how its done .About that specific channel , do you know if it is available in your area with the antenna you are using ?Sorry but I do not have the specifics about your location and/or that station broadcasting tower and the distance , emitting power etc.If you know that you should be getting it then I can tell you that digital channels can be tricky to receive in the way that the tv won`t lock on a channel if the signal is too low , unlike analog where you could still see a picture but snowy .So in that case what needs to be done is to move the antenna position and rescan for channels .As a matter of fact with digital broadcasting that is what needs to be done every times you move the antenna.So just try a few different position on that antenna and rescan /auto program to seeif the tv will find that channel
Did you get that manual by the way ?
About those Spanish channels you do not want , the way this tv works is that you build a FAVORITE list and use only those channels , look on page 15 of your manual and at ADDING FAVORITES to see How its done. Then you will get only the channels you want by using the favorite list to watch tv.So far I think this pretty much covers what you were asking so please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll see what can be done.Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician