TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I HAVE A SONY TV ,MODEL #KDL-52V4100 ..I CAME BACK HOME TO…

Customer Question
I HAVE A SONY TV...

I HAVE A SONY TV ,MODEL #KDL-52V4100 ..I CAME BACK HOME TO FIND OUT THAT MY TV WILL NOT TURN ON ,IT WILL GO FROM GREEN POWER LIGHT TO THE STANDBY RED LIGHT AND FLASHES FOR 6 TIMES AND REPEAT AGAIN !! I already tried power reset and factory reset and both did not work !! CAN U HELP ME SOLVE THE ISSUE ?THANKS

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/23/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Its a back-light problem there are a number of boards including the back-lights themselves that can cause thisand there is a procedure to follow if you think you can do the work yourself please let me know but please bear in mind it is possible the back-lights themselves have failed and that is a no go

Sorry its nothing easier let me know please

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site.

Regards
Anthony

if u can guide me to fix that please .do I need any replacement parts???

There is a procedure its not a case of advice on parts there are 3 or 4 boards in the frame and the back-lights themselves so a procedure of observation and taking voltages with a meter are required do you have a meter?this is before deciding which board is bad

Let me know please

Anthony

yes I do

The first check is if the back-lights come on before it shuts down to 6 blinks so you need to get the set into a darkened room and note if you see the screen illuminate or has a low light just before the 6 blinks starts from switch on let me know please

Anthony

do u mean I have to open the back of the tv ?

No not right now I just want you to observe the screen in a darkened room switch the set on and note if you see the screen light up BEFORE the set shuts down to 6 blinking lights.

Later though the set s back WILL need to come off and checks made with a meter (volt/ohms/amp)

Anthony

no it doesn't light on at all

OK now you do need to get the back off and a measurement taken of 395vdc across a capacitor on the G5 board so are you able to do that?I will provide more info

Anthony

the tv is mounted to the wall it will take a while for me to put it down and do the measurements so if u can please tell me what do exactly and the steps that I have to follow and I will take my time to follow them ..thanks

OK I am just getting information for you please just give me 5 mins

Anthony

ok sure take your time..and just to clarify what did u mean by( it is possible the back-lights themselves have failed and that is a no go) ,do u mean it can not be repaired ??

OK when you get the back of the set off look on the powerboard (G5 board)for CN6500its a socket/plug in the top left of the board as you look you need to set the meter to dc volts 500volts and measure across this plug/socket with the set on, the next move is decided on the result of that check.

Yes if the back-lights themselves are bad its a no go and the set cant be repaired economically I must add that in 60% of cases that is the result with sony

Anthony

ok , as I told u ,I will perform all the steps later ,so can u please tell me next step in details so I can know what to expect and perform the next step till the end ...thank u

I have a guide here <<click

If you need the schematic and technical manual for the set I can upload this to you however I will need you to rate the answer positively at this point for that so i receive credit from the site, I will still be able to help you once you have the manualin support of checks you make

Regards
Anthony

sure I will do but after I get full answer ...I cannot rate until I am 100% satisfied with the answer ...than u 4 ur understanding ..and waiting for ur respond :)

No not for technical data sorry

I have already provided much info for this worthy of a rating positive as I say the question will remain open I dont receive any credit until you do that and its my time and energy going into this answer thank you for understanding

I am not 100% satisfied with the answer so far ...sorry ,I am paying to get full answer that can solve my problem not half answer ..if u think u cannot answer then for sure another expert will be happy to do that ...thank u so much for ur understanding

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician