TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv does not find the cable box or dvd player, they were working ear…

Customer Question
my tv does not find...
my tv does not find the cable box or dvd player, they were working earlier but now it blinks and says acquiring, rca 56 in projection tv
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/23/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

So just to clarify you have un-plugged both the TV and the DVD player/cable box from wallpower waited 5 mins then re-plugged back in again?if not please do that

Also I am not sure what you mean "and says acquiring" is this a message on the display?

Anthony

yes and yes

OK Sandra I will need the model number please of the TV found on the back of the set?

Anthony

hd56w58

Sandra can you switch inputs?so if the DVD is on input 2 can you switch to that or is it just stuck with this message?the input button will be on the TV remote control

Anthony

yes i can but nothing shows up, not the wii, xbox, cable box or dvd player

they are all acquiring channel

Sandra it would appear to be some kind of software issue so please disconnect the set from wallpower take out all the inputs from the back of the set and leave the set that way for 3 hours then try the set again after that time just hook up one input before replugging for example just the DVD (not the cable).
There are no bulletins for this issue.

Let me know by coming back here what happens please bookmark this page.

Anthony
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Sandra its not an answer its an on-going procedure if you don't want to follow it I will simply opt out its your call

Anthony
Relist: Incomplete answer.
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 3 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the cable box and DVD player. Additionally, please describe how the cable box and DVD players are connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Relist: Answer came too late.
i cannot clime to look at model numbers, I do not have a ladder in the hom just cancel this, 3 people late and i called a repair man, not paying , no answer given to fix item