TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can't get my XR2 remove version U2 to control my Westinghouse…

Customer Question
I can't get my XR2...
I can't get my XR2 remove version U2 to control my Westinghouse TV Model SK-26H570D. I first try to pair my remote to my set-top box and a circle appears with the the time and the 3 digit code 812 in it, so I pair my remote to that. Using the remote codes I've gone through the Westinghouse and White/Westinghouse codes to no avai. Help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
The correct text is "I Can't get my XR2 remote version U2..."
6/23/2015
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try setting your remote to the TV first, then to the set-top box. I suspect that one supersedes the other. If that is only a one-way dependency, then doing it in the reverse order of proceeding, might just get both working.Or it might be that you can't get both working off the same remote, unless you select the TV first with the 'TV' button on the remote, or a similar selection if the remote does not have a 'TV' button.Or it might be that the remote or the TV are 'broken' in that respect... but, does the remote control other things OK? I presume so, and if so, does the TV allow remote control from anything, or did it allow remote control at least recently?